"If you haven't been before, it's a little like the Oscars...only for restaurants. The frocks, the champagne, the speeches and the upsets all make for a fascinating glimpse into the restaurant and catering industry...The crowd from Gundaroo's GRAZING, were like a Titanic movie, continually called up to the podium."Andree Stephens - The Canberra Times
- 2012 HOT 50 Restaurants "The Australian"
- 2011 Winner Entertainment Gold Award - Hall of Fame
- 2011 Apprentice Chef Brad Newman wins 1st Place in the Rotary Scholarship & apprentice Chef Nathaniel wins 2nd place.
- 2011 Listed in the Top Ten Sustainable restaurants - Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide
- 2010 Chef Tom Moore wins 'The Appetite for Excellence' Young Restaurateur of the year
- 2010 Selected in TOP 100 Gourmet Experiences in Australia (Australian Traveller Magazine)
- 2010 Listed in the Top Ten Sustainable restaurants - Sydney Morning Herald Good Food Guide
- 2010 Entertainment Hall of Fame Restaurant
- 2009/2010 Winner Entertainment Gold Award
- 2008 Best Informal Modern Australian (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2008 GRAZING awarded - One Wine Glass (The Gourmet Traveller Best Wine List Guide
- 2007 QANTAS AUSTRALIAN TOURISM AWARD - Restaurants and Catering Services
- 2007 ACT Tourism Award - Restaurants and Catering Services
- 2006/2007 Entertainment Gold Award
- 2006 Best Tourism Restaurant (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2006 Best Restaurant Caterer (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2006 ACT Tourism Award - Restaurants and Catering Services
- 2005/2006 Entertainment Gold Award
- 2005 SMH Chef's Hat.
- 2005 Restaurant of the Year (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2005 Best Wine List (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2005 Best Informal Modern Australian (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2005 Best Tourism Restaurant (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2005 Best 1st Year Apprentice Chef (Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2005 Best Tourism Restaurant (Regional NSW RCA)
- 2005 ACT Tourism Award Restaurants and Catering Services
- 2004/2005 Entertainment Gold Award
- 2004 Best Restaurant Caterer(Southern/ACT Region RCA)
- 2004 Best Tourism Restaurant(Southern/ACT Region RCA)
2011 GOOD FOOD GUIDE OUT NOW!
THE GOURMET TRAVELLER - FINE WINE PARTNERS BEST WINE LIST 2008 GRAZING awarded - One Wine Glass
"An extensive list of local wineries makes up nearly all of the selection on this list. the suggestions for dishes matched to wines by the glass are well thought out. This is a terrific showcase of the area, demonstrating the diversity of wines available."
COAST (( COUNTRY MAGAZINE - ADDITION 2, 2008 - "Capital Cuisine"
"Thomas Moore is like a kid in a lolly shop as he surveys the flourishing kitchen garden behind his restaurant in the village of Gundaroo, near Canberra. The restaurant is simply called Grazing, and late last year Chef Tom and his wife Crystal took over the lease. Tom grew up on a herb farm and this gave him the opportunity to get back to his roots, as it were.
At Grazing, he can indulge his talent for producing creative, seasonal dishes drawing on produce from the surrounding region. But what gets him even more excited is the abundance of fruit and vegetables, including many heirloom varities, from the restaurant's extensive garden. His 'paddock to plate' formula has proven hugely successful. Grazing won national recognition recently when it took out the award for Tourism Restaurants and Catering Services in the Qantas Australian Tourism Awards. With its heritage setting, a classic old pub built in 1865, Grazing is one of a remarkable line up of restaurants in distinctive locations in and around the National Capital"
QANTAS - THE AUSTRALIAN WAY MAGAZINE - MAY 2008
The Qantas Inflight magazine has given GRAZING the thumbs up in a fantastic review. The focus is on Great country restaurants - and here is what they had to say.
"Thomas and Crystal Moore, former owners of Sage in Canberra, have taken to their new surrounds in rural Gundaroo like ducks to water. Executive Chef Tom and his wife, who keeps a close eye on the whole operation, are gradually putting their own stamp on this hugely successful restaurant in the historic Royal Hotel (more commonly known as the Gundaroo Pub). Tom's creativity and feel for flavours is evident in dishes such as organic chicken and pig's cheek terrine with fried green tomatoes and pickled golden plums)) and polenta-crusted calamari and mango salad with sticky chilli and lime dressing. Yet the pair haven't sacrificed Grazing's original formula of drawing on fresh, local produce - much of it from the restaurant's own garden. Tom, who grew up on a herb farm, does much of the gardening himself, nurturing an array of produce, including many heirloom varities, then devising ways to incorporate them into his superb menu. Each dish comes with a recommendation from the extensive Canberra District wines on offer. Sophisticated country dining at its best."
On Friday 29th of February, 2008, at a packed awards ceremony - it was announced that GRAZING won the QANTAS Australian Tourism Award for restaurants and catering services. A big thank you to all our wonderful regional suppliers, whose exquisite, fresh, produce has helped create our award winning locally focused menus.
We opened in October 2003